The 2012 edition of the International Swimming Pool and Spa Code now explained!
Click here to order
This new companion manual contains the 2012 ISPSC code language with expanded expert commentary
and pictures for each paragraph now in one convenient book.
Code inspectors will rely heavily on this additional information when issuing permits. Don't Delay! Get this information.
Developed jointly with APSP and the International Code Council (ICC), the ISPSC establishes minimum regulations for public and residential pools, spas, and hot tubs, using prescriptive and performance-related provisions. It combines the relevant provisions of the IRC, IBC, IPC, IMC, and APSP standards, serving as a fully-integrated document for pool and spa safety.
Top 10 Benefits of the ISPSC:
• The only comprehensive model swimming pool and spa code
• Provides Virginia Graeme Baker Act compliance by reference to
APSP-7 Standard for Suction Entrapment Avoidance.
• Uses time-proven ANSI/APSP standards by reference and
• Contains barrier, decking and lighting provisions coordinating
with the IBC.
• Covers all types of aquatic vessels, including residential
and public pools, portable and in-ground spas, water parks,
exercise spas, and hot tubs.
• Updated fencing and barrier requirements integrate
with IBC and IRC provisions.
• Incorporates provisions based on the latest research for
diving, barriers, general design, and water quality safety.
• Requires portable spas be certified to the latest industry
standards, eliminating the need to inspect inaccessible
• The first swimming pool and spa code to address
aquatic recreation facilities.
• The first swimming pool and spa code to include an energy
standard for residential portable electric spas and
for residential in-ground swimming pools and spas.