The 2015 edition of the International Swimming Pool and Spa Code is now available.
This new companion manual contains the 2015 ISPSC code language with expanded expert commentary and pictures for each paragraph now in one convenient book.
Code inspectors will rely heavily on this additional information when issuing permits. Don't Delay! Get this information.
Developed jointly with APSP and the International Code Council (ICC), the ISPSC establishes minimum regulations for public and residential pools, spas, and hot tubs, using prescriptive and performance-related provisions. It combines the relevant provisions of the IRC, IBC, IPC, IMC, and APSP standards, serving as a fully-integrated document for pool and spa safety.
Key Changes include:
- Tighter alignment with all the latest ANSI/APSP/ICC pool and spa standards and technology;
- The incorporation of the updates made to ANSI/APSP/ICC-4 2013 Standard for Aboveground/Onground Residential Swimming Pools; ANSI/APSP/ICC-14 2011 Standard for Energy Efficiency of Self Contained Portable Electric Spas and Hot Tubs; and ANSI/APSP/ICC-15 2013 Standard for Residential Swimming Pool and Spa Energy Efficiency; and
- Expanded safety requirements exceeding those in the Virginia Graeme Baker Pool & Spa Safety Act.
Top Benefits of the ISPSC:
- The only comprehensive model residential and public swimming pool and spa code available.
- Provides Virginia Graeme Baker Act compliance by reference to APSP-7 Standard for Suction Entrapment Avoidance.
- Uses time-proven ANSI/APSP standards by reference and integration.
- Contains barrier, decking and lighting provisions coordinating with the IBC.
- Covers all types of aquatic vessels, including residential and public pools, portable and in-ground spas, water parks, exercise spas, and hot tubs.
- Updated fencing and barrier requirements integrate with IBC and IRC provisions.
- Incorporates provisions based on the latest research for diving, barriers, general design and water quality safety.
- Requires portable spas be certified to the latest industry standards,eliminating the need to inspect inaccessible interior components.
- The first swimming pool and spa code to address aquatic recreation facilities.
- The first swimming pool and spa code to include an energy standard for residential portable electric spas and for residential in-ground swimming pools and spas.
- State and local jurisdictions adopting the ISPSC are eligible for Consumer Product Safety Commission yearly training money.