Interested in having your voice heard? Join an APSP council or committee.
Submit a Willingness To Serve form to be considered, and soon after you'll be making a real difference in the industry.
Join a Council
APSP councils represent business segments in the pool, spa, and hot tub industry including manufacturers, manufacturers' agents, builders, retailers, and service technicians. Councils provide opportunities to identify needs within their business segments as well as leadership opportunities and a forum for networking and exchanging ideas. APSP Councils include the following: Builders Council, Service Council, Retail Council, Hot Tub Council, Manufacturers Council, and the Manufacturers' Agents Council. For more information, email Lauren Stack.
Join the APSP Techinical Committee
The APSP Technical Committee is responsible for reviewing for technical accuracy the ANSI/APSP consensus standards, reviewing technical, safety, and health products of the association, and conducting appropriate scientific research. Each APSP/ANSI standard for pools, spas, or hot tubs is initially drafted by a writing committee prior to undergoing the ANSI consensus review process. For more information, email Bernice Crenshaw.
Technical Committee (Standards Writing Committees):
• ANSI/APSP-1 2003 Standard for Public Swimming Pools
• APSP-2 1999 Standard for Public Spas
• APSP-3 1999 Standard for Permanently Installed Residential Spas
• ANSI/APSP/ICC-5 2011 American National Standard for Residential Inground Swimming Pool
• APSP-6 1999 Standard for Portable Spas
• ANSI/APSP-7 2006 Standard for Suction Entrapment Avoidance in Swimming Pools, Wading Pools, Spas, Hot Tubs, and Catch Basins
• ANSI/APSP-8 2005 Model Barrier Code for Residential Swimming Pools, Spas, and Hot Tubs
• ANSI/APSP-9 2005 Standard for Aquatic Recreation Facilities
• ANSI/APSP-11 2009 Standrad for Water Quality in Public Pools and Spas
• ANSI/APSP/ICC-14 2011 Standard for the Energy Efficiency of Self Contained Portable Electric Spas and Hot Tubs
• ANSI/APSP/ICC-15 2011 American National Standard for Residential Swimming Pool and Spa Energy Efficiency
• ANSI/APSP-16 2011 Standard for Suction Fittings for Use in Swimming Pools, Wading Pools, Spas, and Hot Tubs
Join the Recreational Water Quality Committee
The APSP Recreational Water Quality Committee assists staff in developing and maintaining authoritative information regarding chemical products, processes and devices that affect water quality maintenance of swimming pools, spas, and hot tubs. It is the work of the Recreational Water Quality Committee of APSP to help advance the business image and welfare of APSP members by providing technical expertise to the organization in the area of water quality and water treatment. For more information, email Bernice Crenshaw.
Become an APSP Membership Ambassador
The Membership Ambassador Program (MAP) allows current APSP members to spread the word about what APSP does for your business as well as the pool and spa industry. As a Membership Ambassador, you would gain recognition and stature in the industry, as well as earn income without any cost or obligation on your part. Encourage the ongoing recruitment of new APSP members by becoming an APSP Membership Ambassador today! For more information, email Corey Ruple.