In preparation for the planned departure of current APSP President and Chief Executive Officer Bill Weber in late 2013, the APSP Board of Directors announced on Oct. 22, 2012, that it had begun search efforts for a successor to Weber. Appointed in 2005, Weber also serves as ex officio member of the APSP Board and Executive Committee.
APSP CEO Bill Weber, right, and Joe Amato pose during the Board of Directors
meeting at the 2012 International Pool | Spa | Patio Expo in New Orleans.
A CEO Search Committee (CSC) was formed to facilitate the search effort, chaired by Bruce Fisher of Hayward Pool Products, past chair of the APSP Manufacturers Council. Committee members are:
• Mark Laven, Latham International
• Mike Dunn, Watkins Manufacturing
• Greg Howard, Carecraft
• Michael Miller, Miller Pools
• Mike Giovanone, Concord Pools & Spas
• Martin Silver, Bel-Aqua Pool Supply
• Joe Amato, Amato Industries
• Steve Gorlin, Gorlin Pools & Spas
• Larry Caniglia, NESPA
• Lauren Stack, APSP