The CBP of the Year Award is a peer nominated award given annually to one CBP who has advanced the pool building profession through outstanding achievements and dedication to the industry. The award is presented at the International Awards of Excellence Program & Reception. APSP will begin accepting nominations for the 2013 CBP of the Year Award on August 1, 2013.
The APSP CBP designation is earned through a standardized written examination which measures knowledge of residential and commercial pool and spa construction. Applicants for the designation must meet industry experience requirements and, once the designation is earned, ongoing continuing education is required to maintain the certification. The program emphasizes a commitment to ethical standards and a commitment to the highest standards of construction and workmanship through adherence to national pool and spa standards.
Past Winners of the CBP of the Year Award:
• 2012: Joseph M. Vassallo, CBP, Paragon Pools
• 2011: Jeff Mitchell, CBP, Dynasty Pools
• 2010: Tommy Johnson, CBP, CSP, Johnson Pools and Spas
• 2009: Lew Akins, CBP, Ocean Quest Pools by Lew Akins
• 2008: John C. Romano, CBP, CSP, All American Custom Pools & Spas
• 2007: Al Rizzo, CBP, CSP, Rizzo Pool & Spa